Friday, August 14, 2009

Being a Landlord is Harder than I Thought...

While I've been living in Southern California, I've been renting my condo in Hawaii through a property management company. Since the end of last month, I have decided to take on the task of being a landlord myself. Boy, there is a lot more to being a landlord than I thought. It didn't help that my last tenants left the apartment in a mess. The a/c didn't work, and it's only a year old. Locks needed to be changed. But I do have to say that I could not have done it without Kelley and the most amazing new tenant. Thank you both so much!!!
But the drama continues.... We've got the plumber coming to the apartment today because my tenant said the bathroom wall between the toilet & shower is "mushy". When I asked how mushy, she said that she could probably stick her finger through it. Shit!!!!!! So I pulled out my homeowners insurance package to see if I'm covered for stuff like that, which I am. But the thing we will find out today is if the leak is coming from my apartment, or from above. If it is coming from above, then the association will be responsible.
I am trying not to stress, but you know me. I guess I'll just have to wait & see.
I'll keep you all posted...
Princess J.

No comments:

Post a Comment